Website Mannawell Limited
providing compassionate care to people with disablities
As care coordinator you will be coordinating a small team of part-time carers, who care for a gentleman with disabilities in his own home in Cambridge. There are only 1 to 2 care staff on shift at any given time.
The gentleman has a very calm and kind personality, and no behavioural problems. He is a wheelchair user, and cannot communicate verbally but communicates on many other levels. He is a Christian, so his wish is for his home to be a place where the Bible is read to him, prayers are said with him, and he is supported in his chosen Christian belief and values. He requires 24/7 care and currently has an amazing team of carers who support him very lovingly for the long-term.
We are looking for a very special and caring person to provide leadership to the care team on daily basis, with significant support from Mannawell’s directors and the person’s family. The role is to coordinate the team in helping him to live in his own home. The care coordinator will ensure that the person’s needs are met, will value the importance of his choice and decision making in his life, and will actively seek to encourage his gifts and abilities.
- The position is available immediately once a suitable candidate has been found.
- This role is part-time. A daily 1 to 2 hour visit to the care team onsite in North Cambridge is required daily during the week and some weekends. Hours can be flexible, and will be discussed during the interview. The care coordinator will be available to be contacted by the day-time carers for urgent queries during their shifts.
Main purpose of role
- to manage a house for one person with a learning disability and their small team of part-time care staff, in line with the mission and values of Mannawell.
- to maintain the highest standards of quality of care, through providing on-site direction to the care staff, assessing the daily care and support provision, ensuring adequate stock of resources for care provision and nutritional needs.
- to help set the rota for the service, including management of the care team’s annual leave and sickness cover. To coordinate the rota so that there is always sufficient care staff on duty, and to be part of the recruitment and selection process (as and when needed) for new care staff.
- to ensure a regular rhythm of prayer and Bible reading, in accordance with the needs and preferences of the person with learning disabilities in the house.
To apply or for further information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit www.mannawell.uk.